At St. David's we believe that providing an imaginative and engaging curriculum inspires and motivates children to develop a love of lifelong learning. We strive to deliver a balanced curriculum that broadens children's knowledge and deepens their understanding. We endeavour to help our children to do this through our Christian ethos.
At St. David's we are proud to offer a curriculum with our school values and ethos at the heart of everything we do. Our curriculum follows the statutory 2014 National Curriculum programmes of study and has been designed by staff to meet the needs and interests of all our children.
- Is based on the vision, aims, mission and ethos of the school.
- Is broad and balanced and is careful to ensure different depths of study through targeted use of resources.
- Inspires children to develop a love of learning, through creative and stimulating approaches by encouraging teachers to share their own knowledge, interests and expertise. This is done through a range of teaching approaches which show their love of teaching.
- Embeds knowledge, skills and understanding to prepare pupils for further learning and productive adulthood in our ever-changing world.
- Enables children to use their acquired skills and knowledge to observe, think and challenge.
- Embeds assessment for learning so children can gain ownership of their learning and use reflection as a tool for self-improvement.
- Uses Assessment for Learning to build on prior learning.
- Establishes cross-curricular links to foster a broader understanding and allows children to use and apply their skills to all learning.
- Promotes partnerships between our children, their parents/carers, our staff and the wider community.